Wednesday, July 3, 2013

SPEEDING TICKET - Classroom Management Tool


Ever have that student those students who finish way too quickly and you know the second you look at their paper it is going to be wrong and not their best quality? Yeah, me too. I really struggled with this last year. I would have students who would not try their hardest and wanted to hurry through an assignment. Trust me, with a block schedule (80 minutes!), this was not a good situation to be in. For this upcoming school year, I wanted to create something that would discourage students from making a habit out of rushing through their work. I figured these students are speeding through their work so why not give them a ticket for doing so? I decided to create a speeding ticket to give to students and/or parents as a form of feedback and guidance.




As you can see, I have listed four reasons a student may receive a speeding ticket. This upcoming year, I plan to use these as a classroom management and feedback tool. I will check the box and give it to the student. The student will have to re-do the assignment. I have also modified the speeding ticket to include the need of a parent/guardian signature. I think these speeding tickets will be great to either give to a student you see rushing through an assignment or to attach to an assignment I have graded, require the parent/guardian signature, and have the student re-do the assignment. I like this idea because it holds the student accountable and let's them know I am not going to accept anything other than their best.


I use interactive notebooks (blog post soon to come!) and often times I have students who rush through the assignments in there or choose what they think is going to be the "quickest" or "easiest." I am hoping that, by me catching them in the act and providing them feedback through the use of this ticket, students will not make a habit of rushing through their assignments this school year.


Feel free to download and use my template by clicking on the image above or visiting my TPT Store :)
Not a Teachers Pay Teachers Member? No problem! Click here and sign up for free! It is a great website in which you can download items for free or pay for items you really want/need. You can even create your own items and sell them! Make $$$$ for all that hard work you put in!

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I may share with my 3rd grader's teacher. He is having an issue rushing on classwork/tests and sometimes makes careless mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely awesome! Addressing the issue in a non-confrontational way with a little humor. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Informal education on the contrary is learning through play and fun. It doesn't include a pre set syllabus or set of guidelines to be taken after. In fact, it means learning all through the way by fun methods to assemble the enthusiasm of the understudies.type paper online

    ReplyDelete
  4. Class room is the most common part of any students life. The room has to be maintained in a proper manner. The accommodation of the room has to be sufficient. We can get to visit website from online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have got a good experience. I am happy to see this and thanks for sharing your post with us. It contain many useful things. And here are more click here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... You just explained my thoughts. As a teacher i feel the same when checking papers. Mostly students are in hurry and want to finish everything so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Companies which offer those scanning services are professional. They know your needs and assure you of sending typing missions punctually. visit site to see more and I live their writing service that I've used for my papers writing.

    ReplyDelete